Apartment Move-Out Items
When your apartment is inspected after you move out, we will look at the following items. Please take care of these cleaning items so that you will not be charged. A list of typical approximate charges is listed on the Cleaning/Repair Costs.
- Remove mailbox names.
- Clean bathtub, toilet and sink. All stains, hair and dirt should be entirely removed.
- Clean medicine cabinet inside and out.
- Vacuum and clean all carpeting and furniture.
- Spackle any small nail holes.
- Clean all floors in bathroom, entry and kitchen. DO NOT USE ANY ABRASIVES! This will damage the floor. Just use a mop or a wet swifter.
- Clean all kitchen countertops. Remove all dirt, stains, etc.
- Scour kitchen sink, microwave, oven, range and refrigerator. Remove all traces of food, spills, etc.
- Pull out range and clean sides and behind unit.
- Pull out refrigerator and clean.
- Clean exhaust hood inside and out.
- Clean out all drawers and cabinets.
- Clean glass and inside tracks of all windows and sliding glass doors. Clean mini-blinds.
- Clean inside of laundry room. Remove all debris. Clean floor. Clean dryer filter.
- Clean washer/dryer unit on all sides and on top as well as inside the washer tub.
- Remove all personal items and debris from apartment.
- Clean balconies. Remove any chairs, grilles, etc.
- Clean all glass tables.
- Clean entry door and frame inside and outside.
- Clean intercom faceplate.
- Clean return air grille in hall between bedrooms.
*For general cleaning, a spray-on glass cleaner works very well without damaging surfaces.
*For oven cleaning, "Easy-Off" no-fume cleaner works well to remove cooking residue. With all cleaners remember to carefully follow the instructions.
*For bathtub cleaning "Scrubbing Bubbles" is a product that minimizes the time it takes to remove most grime.
The following items should be taken care of before leaving your apartment at the end of the lease period:
- Completely clean your apartment. See Cleaning Checklist.
- Shut off your utilities. See Utility Contacts.
- Turn in your keys. We would recommend putting them in a marked envelope in the rent drop box.
- Lock your apartment door.
- Verify that we have your forwarding address for the return of your security deposit.